Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Eventual Collapse of the Solar System or Global Warming- Take Your Pick

when my eyes open, all i have, is the sun,
sitting there, floating in space, held together
by conjoined gravity. it isn’t much these thoughts
of black holes, and when my time comes, i will
strip off my strappy shoes and silver chains, and
slip through sun streams.

flying fish, fridays, lucid memories of sleepy
dreamscapes, impressionism, and solitude. selfish
are the flowers that stay in the sun, a sweet something
to relinquish. saliva on the cypress, simple swellings
of southern hospitality.

Now What Have You Brought?
Blood in Baskets
Night-Mares on Lolli-Pops
Never-Ending- Dys-Topia
Anx-Ious Heart-Beating
Will This Ever Stop?

not on your Life,
it only gets
worse from here on out.

Let me be Free
Let me Breath
Die in my own way
Madness is short
In the long run.

Remember magic
is what you wanted
A trade is what You Offered
I will not set you Free.
Your Dystopia feeds me.
Old is the mind
Wiser. Let me

No. Peace is
Not Yours.
Freedom is all I ask.

Freedom is a common lie.
Come and sleep with beatss
That thrash your mind.
No. No. This is not real. These Voices are Ghosts.
TUMBLING, FALLING LEAVES OF BROWN
TO GREEN BLACK HOLES AND SUNSET SURF
BETROTHED CHAINS RUST AND WHAT
OF FREEDOM

oh you say, my imagination is a beast
the inescapable lives i carry, whispering
from black holes and i awake with a slippery sun,
pumping my heart and silver runs cold.


****
And here is poem number 5. This is free verse and a bit of stream of conscious. This poem is supposed to emulate Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody as in the movements of the song. The prompt today was provided by Sarah Blake and you could read the full prompt here. So it was a replication of movement, not new song lyrics. I hope that I somewhat accomplished that.

No comments:

Post a Comment