Tuesday, April 19, 2016

And it's These Kind of Thoughts One Thinks of Where There is Nothing to Think Of

I’ll be
removing
out of underwear
and neglected
by satin mittens

and glance
at a crowded
radio speaker
some night short
because it’s so mean

forgetting
how repulsive
the cordial
open-down
visual
of the white
water well
was when
it was last
broken
down out the bedroom.

Source: Poulsen, Toroddur. “You.” 3AmMagazine.com. Web 19 Apr. 2016. http://www.3ammagazine.com/3am/mundi-other-poems/

****
Here is poem 19. Which is a little bit experimentation I came up with myself. I took the original poem which in this case was "You" and rewrote it  using the opposite or almost opposite of the word. I changed verbs, nouns and pronouns, and articles when needed.  This is full prompt here and asks us to translate poetry and today I spent some time reading deconstructionist literary theory which I think this is where the idea came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment