Monday, April 22, 2019

Zenolith

All I wanted was
Butterflies and bread and to ride a
Camel at the state fair. I
Didn’t how far
Elephants traveled toward
Freedom. I fell through the
Ground and came out the other end,
Heaven took my hand and shook me around.
I walked to the edge of the horizon
Jumped into the sky and stole the dragon
Kite. Later, as I opened my eyes, I
Lost the happy humdrum
Moan of the universe. So it was
Night. The stars, the planets, and the moon
Opalize against the dark denim sky
Parakeets and parrots sing sad
Quantum songs unseen from
Red rose bushes. I thought about
Sunday adventures and tea
Time with the elf queen. I
Understood the debutante
Vespers of adulthood,
Wrapped in glass paper, a
Xenolith of time and compression. In the end,
You and I just words turned to stories turned to
Zeros over the vast grey Atlantic.

***
Here is poem 19. I am a few days behind. I actually started this on Friday while at my dad's house, but then never finished it. So today, I am going to try and catch up on all the poems and work on Camp.

This poem is an abecedarian poem. The lines are in alphabetical order but there are several ways to write one of these. It was the prompt for the day and decided to try it out since I never wrote one.

No comments:

Post a Comment