Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Roanoke

From the ivy terrace
I eat blood
orange slices,
while old men play
dominoes on the rusty
shark cage

doll eyes tumble
in the blue-green roulette
wheel. And no one seems
to see the saltwater cowboy
decoy or the burning
hollow tree.

The media calls
for a matron wrapped
in corona as hazard
buoys free
themselves and drift
toward smokey stars.

***
Here is poem 23, and I caught up. Good thing. Today, I did another search poem. I had some trouble creating a word bank and went through several combinations before I got a large enough word bank. As I was reading over it doing some edits and revisions, this poem made me think of Roanoke- as in Roanoke, NC. I don't know why but thought it was a good title. Find more great poets NaPoWriMo.

I also made a huge jump in Suburban Vampires.  Technically, I have 8 more pages to write to "win" but, it would be great to finish it. I don't have a lot more chapters to write. If I keep working on a chapter on a day, I should finish the entire thing by the end of April.


No comments:

Post a Comment