Tuesday, April 23, 2019

State of Nowhere

Through the pink rose hallway
in the gray apartment building in
the gray and broken down city,
lions whisper from wall holes.

Circular stairs always in motion
spinning like a tornado
in the winter snow.

A hand grabs my own.
There’s nothing to see
but everything to feel
the floor exhales
an icy mist and the hallway
freezes and collapses into a whole.

Sirens in the distance,
screams nearby
the staircase stops spinning
and going up leads to going
down the hand that is still
there in the blue and amethyst
swamp.

I stop to rest close my eyes
and still see as the diamond
crashes over me, the sky changes
to pink, the world stops
and gawks, mouth wide
swallowing frogs.

***
Here is poem 21 a surrealist poem which follows the prompt. I do love writing surrealism poems. Many of my poems do fall into surrealism in one way or another.

As I write this it is 12:45 a.m. which means I have day 22 and day 23 to do; I will work on them tomorrow.

Read more great poets at NaPoWriMo.


No comments:

Post a Comment