Friday, April 26, 2019

Dog Days

Nectar, ambrosia, and the forgotten scythe
in the summer dream glade
frost gathers on the wild growth
I’m tempted to turn and linger.

In the summer glade
dragonflies and fireflies dance and drink
I’m tempted to turn and linger
with wandering propagation

Dragonflies and fireflies dance and drink
to cicada and cricket chorus
With wandering propagation,
my scion spirt is strewn with windfalls.

To the cicada and cricket chorus
I relive summer prizes, peaches, and penance.
My scion spirit is strewn with windfalls
among nectar ambrosia and the forgotten scythe.

***
Hey all, this is poem 26 and I followed the prompt and tried out a new form, the pantoum. I also like this form and may use for my annual Christmas poem. I suppose I am on a  surreal kick at the moment. But honestly, I love surrealism and enjoy writing it, no matter what form it takes.

Suburban Vampires is almost done! Just one more chapter to write.  I am so glad that the first draft is going to be done. I am looking forward to revising it. I have grown so much as a writer from when I first started it. Much of the beginning needs a massive overhaul.


No comments:

Post a Comment