Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Things that Placate

A gliding eagle
against the clear
sky. Green grass
right before mowing
season starts. A breeze
with chilly notes. Dusk
serenades sung by frogs
and crickets. A silence
on the street. One dandelion.
Lemons, oranges,
and limes in a bowl.

The salt of memory
the dark of shadow
and the unsaid, undesired,
underwritten
umber undid.

***
Here is poem number nine. Today, I followed the prompt which you can read about here. I think I am taking a step back into poetry 101, using the world I see around me. I have a prompt, but no ideas. Though the world is full of ideas and poetry captures those tiny moments. I think that is something I forgot along the way. Sure, poetry can be about big things but it can also be tiny things. The first stanza is everything I saw today except for the bowl of fruit and the dandelion but I can see them in my mind and it reminds me of sunshine. Anyway, be sure to check out more participants by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment