Sunday, April 14, 2019

For Sale or Rent

Can I sow magma
Olives and discover
Venus’ secrets? Maybe
Eternity is a bad idea.
Robbing sunset, to feed
The dog, I sink into my

Socks and count clouds.
Night never looked better naked.
Olive oil and dried cherries
Wonton soup in the sink. I
Find Neverland or Narnia down
Lake Erie and the forbidden
Apple of capitalism– it’s what
Kills dancing cloud elephants. Maybe
Eternity is a bad idea.

***
Hey all, here is poem 14. So the prompt today was inspiring but not enough to write a poem, at least for today. Though I wrote it down to use in the future. This is an acrostic poem using the words "covert snowflake." I don't care for the title. But the point of the month is to write poems, regardless if they are good or bad.



Find more poets at NaPoWriMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment