Saturday, September 2, 2017

Sanctioned Shadows by JM Scott FREE Through Sept 6, 2017

Hey all,  short story collection Sanctioned Shadows is FREE in all Kindle markets through September 6, 2017.

This book contains fifteen different tales that explore humanity's darkness including revenge, addiction and obsession. One of the stories in this collection is "Gunpoint."

This was written for my first fiction workshop class at SNHU. The prompt was to create a story inspired from  a factual element from your life.

How the actual story came about was the main characters name: Easter Jackson. Before class even started I knew I wanted to create Easter's story. Then like magic, I heard her voice coming to me. And she dictated the story. Okay, so that makes me sound like a crazy person, but unless you are a storyteller, you won't understand.

I didn't do drugs nor did I sell them in Maryland, so what was the factual element?

Years ago, I worked a smoke store near a trailer park. One night, I was robbed at gunpoint. While the robbery was happening, I had no idea the gun was actually a BB gun. Once the detective found it and I identified it, he told me it was a BB gun. All I knew was there was a gun pointed in my face.

Why not grab a copy and check this story out and others.




No comments:

Post a Comment