Thursday, September 21, 2017

Tryptophantasia and Other Poems by JM Scott FREE Through Sept. 25, 2017

A couple of weeks ago, I released my 18th Kindle book, Tryptophantasia and Other Poems. This chapbook contains more than twenty poems that are some of my  best poems in recent years. Some I wrote while taking classes and some I wrote on my own. And guess what this book is FREE in all Kindle markets through September 25, 2017.

When it comes to poetry books, I have a lot more freedom in book cover design. That can be a good thing and a bad thing. I wasn't sure where to begin, but I know what I wanted the book cover to contain.

Tryptophantasia is a word I made up. I combined the words tryptophan (the stuff in turkey that makes you sleepy) and fantasia.  The molecule on the book cover is tryptophan.  Behind the molecule is a photo I ran through a bunch of filters on Gimp. I think it turned out nice.

What is unusual is the all white background, in fact the entire book cover is quite sparse compared to the other ones I have done. I think it works. There is one other book with a cover similar to this and that is Seaspring Briar.  Sometimes, simplicity is the best way.

Here is a free sample from the book. And why not grab the while book, read it and leave a review.

Enjoy....


No comments:

Post a Comment