Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Happy Birthday

Even though he wrapped the pink ribbon around his wrist, the happy birthday balloon freed itself and drifted into the calm sky.  As he tried to retrieve it, the balloon seemed to go higher.

On may twelfth, the  road took her life.  With her new license tucked in her jeans; she didn’t see the deer. She braked and veered to the dune grass covered ditch, breaking everything in her body.

The happy birthday balloon coiled itself around the roadside memorial cross with her name on it. She smiled, the deer sniffed the air and walked together in the sudden mist.

***
I have a few more drabbles. I love writing them. I am trying to write a new one everyday. They can be a challenge to write as I spend more time on editing and revising then writing them. I am finding them to be addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment