Thursday, August 31, 2017

My Thoughts on Stupid News Items from Hurricane Harvey

Probably like most of you, I am sitting in the sidelines watching various communities from Texas come together to save each other, their pets, their horses and cattle. I am amazed at the amount of water that got dumped in the area. I am amazed at a picture of a flooded highway that had waves.

I wonder what those people are thinking. I wonder how I would be thinking if I was in that situation. I really don't have words.

As my Facebook feed is flooded with acts of heroism and stories of humanity, there is also news stories that are not worth anytime. The first one is....

Melania Trump's shoes. Here's something: Her shoes should not matter to anyone. I don't care what kind of spin someone would put on it they are not important. I, for one, do not give a shit about what shoes she wore. No one else should either. You know what's important... the people affected by the storm, information about the storm, first responders, local and state government officials talking about the storm and humanitarian aid.  That is what is important.  I often defend the media, but not this time.

The second one is the former University of Tampa professor who said Harvey was karma for Texas supporting DT. And this is for him, Ken Storey.

You are a piece of shit, and I don't say that often. What does a hurricane have to do with politics? It doesn't.  PEOPLE DO NOT DESERVE TO SUFFER.  What you are saying is because Texas went to DT that children, non-voters, illegals, Dem voters, GOP voters get to suffer from devastating hurricane and flooding because of the election? That makes no fucking sense to me.  And what about the millions of people around the world who suffer? They didn't vote for or care about DT.  The Douche Bag 2017 award goes to you.


Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment