Sunday, August 27, 2017

Writing Update

It's been almost two months since I finished college. Without the weekly course load and deadlines, I fell into a lazy trap. Even though I had and still do have a lot of projects to work on. Things are getting a lot better.  So here's the update no one cares about until I am famous, and then all of a sudden everyone wants to know my inner-workings (and if you do figure me out, please tell me because I often don't know).

Natarua Alitura- The poetry calendar. All the pages have designed and have been uploaded to Lulu. I have a couple of things left to do, and then it will be ready for purchase. I am shooting for an early September release or sooner.



Tryptophantasia and Other Poems- This is a poetry chapbook. The book is together. I am working on cover design. I am hoping for a release in September.

I have been submitting one manuscript to a publisher for the last three weeks. So far dedicated. I've been down this road before. I am all dedicated to sending stuff away then after all the rejections come back, I stop sending stuff away.

Things I wish were working on:

Fiction. I haven't written a new story in forever. And yet, I have a ton of ideas. SO MANY IDEAS, They keep me awake at night. Yet, when I get to the computer. I just don't write. Poetry yes, but not stories. I am trying like hell to work on that. I was dedicated, determined, not playing Candy Crush or looking at Facebook.

Speaking of distractions. I am making a conscious decision on not playing Candy Crush until much later at night. And when I feel the Facebook urge coming on, I look at my todo list and work on something. It is getting a lot better.

Anymore Facebook sucks and it is boring. I don't think it is a 100 percent Facebook, but the news and people who comment on news stories. I seriously can waste an hour reading the news. I have found my mood is better because I am not always reading the fucking news.

Till next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment