Thursday, April 6, 2017

Right Now

I Should Be
writing poems
and not making
pasta. I Should Be
telling you how the wind
sounds right at this minute
it’s all been done before
the wind seeps
through adjectives.

Right about now, I Should Be
somewhere else,  tomorrow
or yesterday making academics
faint with my genius

the furnace kicks on
just as the coffee pot
spews it’s last drip
and I find myself
living too many lives at once
the blurry transcendence
of chaos

***
And here is poem 6. Poetry writing has been difficult these last few days. I don't know if I am putting too much pressure on myself or my brain is somewhere else. Or who the hell knows. Today's poem is a free verse and stream of conscious poem about how I can't write a poem. Which is a bit ironic since I wrote a poem. Sometimes, when I want to write a poem and I have nothing inspiring, I work on a found poem. But sometimes there are too many source texts. Anyway, show some love to other poets this month and find them at NaPoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment