Sunday, April 2, 2017

Crystal Cane

diamond crack
and caramel
on the mouth
of a cool oven

saffron mingles
with raspberry
fillets, ginger
coughs fancy
papers on boiled
acid drops

clarified in-
nocence fringed
at the edges
of small bands
of gold, boxes
of glass divided
into fulm-
inating powder

acidulated mirth
rubs to sugar
fire twists
sugar into
demulcent
mold baskets

effervescence will flow over




Source:
How to Make Candy. Gutenberg.org http://www.gutenberg.org/files/54173/54173-h/54173-h.htm

***
Today, I grabbed words from an old candy cook book (1891 I think) from Gutenberg.org. These words came from the section "Crack and Caramel." I found the section heading humorous. Anyway like other poems I write, I write down a bunch of words and phrases I like and make a poem from them. Find more poets at Napowrimo

No comments:

Post a Comment