Tuesday, February 26, 2013

When Will God Damn Winter End?

Like most people, I am looking forward to spring. I am done with winter but sadly, I don't think winter is done with us. If winter was a person, it is revengful, nasty and well pretty much a snotty bitch. Yes, I have been watching a little too much teen drama. Lately, it's been The Lying Game and Pretty Little Liars. If this is what teen life is now, then I am so glad I was a teen in the 90's. It was a much simpler time.

We had to use real phones to call people. No one really had a cell phone. Hell not many people had internet access so we had to write notes you know with pen and paper. I may have hated high school with a passion but I stayed under the radar and kept a couple friends from that time. Anyway enough digression on that subject.

I have been slowing get other work done. I have sent away the same  batch of poems to several publishers. I fuck off quite a bit so I don't do as much I as I can since I don't have a 9-5 job to go right at this point. Currently, all my freelance assignments are completed and I waiting to hear back when I can write another game. I completed the formatting for the ebook I will be self-publishing and now I need to go through the book a few more times. I am also waiting on the cover as well. I also took care of some other things that I needed to get except for filing taxes. Still need to do my state and local return but I will get that done. I still have a month and half before they are due.

All in all I am doing good. I maybe moving slower than a two legged dog hit by a bicycle but at least I am moving in a good direction.

Oh yeah, I also figured out my writing dedication for the year. I do have some catching up to do. I want to write a poem (not a haiku) every week. So lucky for me today is Tuesday. I miss writing poetry, I used to write poetry a lot more than I do. It is a sad thing that when it comes it to what poems to send away I started with a list of about 10 or 12 and wittled it down to 5. The 10 or 12 well that's not that great. I know my haiku really improved when I wrote more everyday. So, that is it one poem every week for the whole year. Goal is to have 52 by next year. Like I said, I have some catching up to do.

The world is blue, green and a lot of gray and I am there in the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment