Friday, January 4, 2013

The End of This Salacious Life

Well on December 31, 2012 I wrote my last three haikus for This Salacious Life. You may or may not remember I started last January 1 and I was to write 3 haiku everyday all year. Okay I tried my best if I missed a day then I would write 6 the next. I was dedicated to this project and I stuck with it. Well in December I slacked off a lot more than normal but the end was coming and I did make up all haiku I missed. However on the last day I made sure I wrote the last three. I did the math and I wrote at least 1100 haiku. Wow that is a hell of a lot.

I want to share with you the first three haiku I wrote and the last. Enjoy them and I will post some more here and there when the mood strikes me.

January 1, 2012

evergreen morning
woke up to a greatness
today begins all

I saw her blow smoke
ice laden fog surrenders
wanton hunger

malicious ocean
storm tossed memory disguised
as mountain fury


December 31, 2012

last day
the world changes
too fast in my universe

what is dedication
366 days
for what I love

this is the end
not goodbye
the world waits for me

No comments:

Post a Comment