Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Friday

Who doesn't love Friday, especially one that ends a three day work week? So everyone happy Friday. In addition to being Friday, I also have some good news. I am getting a poem published in Ardent! Magazine. The magazine is published by Poetry in Arts. Very exciting!

I submitted to this magazine months ago and I never heard from them. So I check the website to see how long they normally take (some magazines will say how long a response time will be, you don't want to nag them too much) and my submission was way longer than the response time. I got the email and I was pretty pleased with myself. It seems like I forgot to add my mailing address. I thought I put in on but I guess not so it was an electronic submission. When I submit through the internet (unless it is through Submishmash), I always make sure I construct my email as a business letter which includes all contact information.

I also wrote to another magazine inquiring about a story I sent them. They are a college ran magazine so I probably won't here back from them until they are back in school. Who knows maybe I will be published there as well.

It seems like 2013 will be a great year for me. By the way the poem will be in April/May edition of the magazine. You can order it through the website for sure but it may be in stores like Barnes and Nobles as well.

I also want to share about our post Christmas snow. Remember I got my car stuck on the mountain last week. Well I drove to work in my car and actually drove it home, well sort of anyway. I made all the way up the mountain and through town and I got stuck about 2 roads from my house. My husband came and towed me out with a chain. Hey I at least made almost home before getting stuck.

He says  I should get better tires. Mine are good but he thinks I should get some mud and snow type tires. I think I will see how much they cost at Wal-Mart or Sam's club and get some in a couple of months.

And there you go, this week summed up just for you. May the corn be plenty and the moon be a fool.

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy for you.I hope you get more stuff published in 2013.

    ReplyDelete