Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Haiku 3

one extra day
who cares
time moves on its own clock

stationary light
pierces obsidian
full moon night

small moment
ensnared by words
poem

dismantled derrick
displays dollar store doll
demolished

In honor, of my recent happy email, I decided to post a haiku series. So what is this awesome news? I am getting a haiku published in Frogpond, the Haiku Society of America's journal. The haiku will be published in the winter edition of the magazine. How awesome is that. I am so glad because I am starting my way on fullfilling my life long dream as being a published writer. Slowy, I am moving upwards but going up slow is better than going nowhere fast.

I still don't know what my next poetry project will be for the upcoming year. This idea kind of hit me and I had to run with it. With almost a month to go, I have been slacking more but I catch up. I must stay dedicated because I just do. I start a lot of projects and many of them are unifnished. So actually finishing something is a big deal.  I haven't decided if I want to edit my book down to a manageable level and try to have the book published. I would like to start perhaps sketching some pictures for the haiku. I suppose that will make it more of a haibun but still the same principal.

Enjoy the haiku, love to hear what you have to say.

And this road is paved in gilded words, beautiful words that glitter in the darkest of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment