Friday, April 13, 2018

Interdimensional Fishing

The worst thing since
sewn starvation, ducks are their own
pecking the eyes
 from the bread feeders.

The sun moves
in a darkened fashion
around the moon,
and the kool-aid is fresh
under the lime tree

insects sing madam butterfly
as the traffic lights blink
SOS.

I run through the maze on a straight
path, acid sunshine
makes no difference
and there up ahead

the land of lollipops
and lavender where honey
comes to die

I reach through the wormhole
pull reel in another time.

***
Hey all, I was going to write a poem about the weird things I saw today being Friday the 13th and all, but I don't think it is ready yet. Maybe this weekend. Happy Friday the 13the,
may you find that shiny penny heads up.

Find more awesome poets at NaPoWriMo

No comments:

Post a Comment