Sunday, April 29, 2018

Exception was Advancement


***
And here is poem 29.  Some of you may know that  I have been creating a poem from each page of the book Waiting by Debra Ginsberg.  You can find all the poems on the Pinterest board, One Book 300 Poems. They are either whiteout poems or blackout poems. And today I realized there is more than one way to create a poem from page of text. Today, I rolled dice and circled the corresponding word. I did this three times  to create a word bank. From the word bank, I created a poem.  All these words are found in the original text. I did change some verb tenses or parts of speech but that's all. 

To keep with the style of the whole board, I made into a graphic. Let's be honest, poems are a lot more interesting when there is some visualness to it. 

It has been weeks since I worked on this board. Every week I plan on doing three. And every week, time vanishes and then another week happens. Yeah, I live in a weird time and place spectrum. Sometimes, it is amazing that I actually accomplish a lot through the week. 

Well, I am all caught up now. Tomorrow is the end of NaPoWrimo, this month went by fast. 

Find more awesome poets at NaPoWriMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment