Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Positive Rejection and Some Other Happenings

Hello all, Oh yeah I know... 8 days with out a single word for me. And no story. The story will come in good time, I am still struggling with the actual writing but you already heard enough of that for one day or two or three depending on how many times you all came here looking for something new to read.

And here is some stuff that's been going on in the last week or so.

Work- until I win the Powerball, I have to do this and sometimes all I want to do is come home and go to bed. I am sure many of you know how this is.

I got a positive rejection email the other day. That in itself is an oxymoron I know. So here is the note: I enjoyed reading your poems, but our next two issues are full. I do recommend perusing our other publication guidelines, and believe you'll find a home in one of them. See what I mean? I sent this to Illumens a speculative poetry (this is the fancy word for lumping together horror, sci-fi and fantasy and all hybrids in between) magazine. This magazine is owned by Sams Dot Publishing and they do have a boat load of magazines in print and online. So yeah, this is an incredibly positive rejection note, don't you think? As far as rejections this is one of the best ones.

The other good one came with a personal note on how to make the piece better. Most of rejections are standard issue thanks but it doesn't meet our needs blah blah.

I overstuffed myself today at the antique show. It's a thing we (the progeny and the significant other and myself) try to go at least every year. It has a flea market, antique tractors and food and more food. I love smoked turkey legs and I got one of those. I also got a yak bone necklace that was hand made probably in Tibet because that is where the stuff was to come from. I never had anything made from bone especially yak bone.

Just say the words yak bone out loud. Go on say it, don't you wish you had something made with yak bone?

So here we are little tid bits of my life, the weather is cooler today and though I love summer I am looking forward to some fall magic.

 Until the next time my fingers want to dance across my keyboard...

No comments:

Post a Comment