Tuesday, October 2, 2018

1982- A Blast of Awesomeness

Hey all, Great news! I have found a calendar from 1982 that details my awesome life when I was..

two.

What makes this discovery even more amazing is that I have lived in more than twenty places since I was two, maybe more. I lived in three states. I lost a little bag of treasures somewhere in my dad's apartment when I was nine and never saw it again. But somehow I have this calendar.

It was great to look at the busy life I had. Napping, Sesame Street, Potty Training, Scooby Doo, terrorizing the cats, annoying the 'rents. Start again. Everyday for all whole year. Yet, I was diligent and made sure to write in my activities either as I was doing them or planning for the next day.

I can't believe the paper quality. It looks like it was just unwrapped from the cellophane.  At 36 years of age, the calendar is in amazing condition. The  Smithsonian should pick it up as part of an 80's nostalgia thing. It's a bank calendar from a bank that was gobbled up by a larger bank maybe fifteen years ago. 

Attached to the calendar is a floppy disc (5.25, the real thing) with a faded label written in crayon "calendar 82". Now I just need to find me a computer with a floppy drive and a dot matrix printer. I was toddling toddler of two and already knew that I was destined for greatness and kept accurate records of my life.

Because you guys are awesome, you can relive my glory days with me. Send me $10, and I will send you a dot matrix print out of my 1982 calendar. The money won't be used for anything good but to make me richer.


2 comments:

  1. Just read your latest book on kindle. Do you do any hardcover books or just kindle. I would REALLY like to give this book to my wife as a paperback or hardcover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am not sure which book you just read but most books are available as paperback. Daughters of New America, the series, and The Christmas Club will be released as paperbacks later this month. Please visit my Amazon author page to order paperbacks amazon.com/author/jmscott.
    Thanks for writing. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete