Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Finally Summer!!

And it's about god damn time too. My furnace has been running at least once a day, up until the other day. It's the end of May! Granted I live in the mountains, but I am not a mile high up. The weather people are calling for a hot, hot summer this year. I hope so. Okay, so I am not particularly fond of sweating in front of a fan running on high, but I love swimming. Last summer never really got that hot and the water always seemed kind of chilly. Ideally summer should be hot days and cooler nights so I am not sweating my invisible balls off in bed.

I know I haven't written in a couple of weeks. Lots of reasons for that... BRAIN FOG. I don't know why this is happening but sometimes everything just blurs together. I had a rough time getting my act together to get my papers done for class (don't worry though I have turned them in on time, every week). Aforementioned papers for school. I am taking Literary Theory, which is a lot of work. There are short papers to write every week in addition to  longer papers. The other class is Nonfiction workshop and just as much as work. This week is light on the work load because the final papers are both due Sunday. But since we are going camping this weekend, I will be turning my papers in on Thursday. In fact, both are done. I am going to read through them once more and slap on the headers and turn them in.  I spent a lot of time preparing the sale for my Etsy store (and that is another post all together). Okay so that was three reasons, more than plenty.

How's the writing going? HA HA. I think I am burned out a bit. I took Fiction workshop and my writing challenge went downhill. I do have a story I am going to post on here soon, I did make a bunch of new stories from class. There are two that need editing yet. One is marked for sending away and the other is for my short story collection that I plan on publishing this year. I think it is time for me to get back to basics with the stories. Instead of 4000 word stories, I am going back to flash fiction. I bought some books for Kindle both flash fiction how to books and dozens of flash collections.

What I really need to do, is actually sit down and write. I always have trouble with that, But I try. It seems like when my brain is working better, I write better.

So what are my plans for this year? Finish compiling Sanctioned Shadows, a book of short stories. Many are ones that I sent away over the years. Some were written just for the book. They have never been published. I have quite a few already but the book is not ready. I am not even sure when it will be. I also am starting to work on Trick or Poem which will be 31 Halloween and/or horror themed poems. I have seven. All though I am not too sure about one of them. I have some ideas on the rest. I definitely want that book out either before Halloween or right around there.

And that's about it. Be good to summer and it will be good to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment