Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Afterlife of Tanya Madera by JM Scott Free in all Kindle Markets Through February 24, 2019

Hey all, The Afterlife of Tanya Madera is free in all Kindle markets through February 24, 2019.

Fun fact, this was one of the last stories where the first draft was mostly handwritten. When I was younger and my hands were more cooperative, every story, it didn't matter how long they were, were handwritten. This includes this sci/fi and fantasy hybrid short story I wrote for a fiction class at Penn State. When I typed it out it was 30 pages including double spacing.

I don't there is something about handwriting stories and poems. I still handwrite poems, at least the short ones.  Another reason why I don't handwrite the first draft is my handwriting has gotten worse over the years. Half the time, I can't even figure out what I wrote, and I am the damn writer.

Correction, this is the last story I completed that was handwritten. I have one in a notebook I would like to restart. I have a huge work in progress list as it is, so who knows it may never see the light of day again.

Back to this book, it is an older book as I published 5 years ago this month. Would there be things I would change? Sure is. And I could change them. But I'm not going to. It's like this... as a writer gets better the publisher doesn't just release all their books with changes. I would hazard a guess Stephen King would want to change Carrie. I could tell the difference between his more recent novels and Carrie. Like all things, the more you do it the better you become.

Have I become better? Well, I guess you could get a copy of this book and mark your calendars because Daughters of New America will be free throughout different days in early March. These books are my most recent. I think I have gotten better over the years. I can see the change in my writing and the way I tell a story.

Until then, grab The Afterlife of Tanya Madera, and enjoy a unique ghost story.

No comments:

Post a Comment