Monday, February 18, 2019

Autism and Vaccinations

Measles are making a comeback, just in case you didn't know.  And it's making a comeback because people choose to not vaccinate their kids.

I want to understand why.

One reason why people are against vaccinations is that there was some now-debunked scientific study that claimed vaccinations caused autism.

Apparently, this is still a reason for not vaccinating.

My question is what is so wrong with having a kid with autism? I don't have a kid with autism. I get that some kids on the spectrum require more care than other kids. So, is that a bad thing? Do these people who want to protect their kids from autism and not death require perfect children? To me, it sure it seems like it. One can only wonder what happens if these children do not live up to their expectations.  In a way, it seems like these anti-vaxxers want perfect little children and are too selfish to devote too much time to their autistic children.

I just read an article today that there is a possibility that autism could be caused by air pollution. So there's that.

So if an anti-vaxxer could explain to me why it's not a good idea to vaccinate,  I would love to know. And please provide legitimate resources so I can learn. I just have a hard time understanding the anti-vaxx movement. Who are these people? I'd love to know.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment