Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 Goals

Well it's that time of year where we reflect on the year that was and the year that will be. I often come up with goals for the new year. They are definitely not resolutions, but goals. I have found telling the world about certain goals will make achieve them more. I don't know why this is. I read somewhere it is about accountability.

This isn't a goal per se, but more like a wish. I saw Putin sent Trump a telegram, which is cool. I thought we stopped with telegrams several years ago. I always wanted a telegram. So if Putin could send me one that would be pretty awesome.

Okay on with the goals:

1. Restart Suburban Vampires,  one chapter a week. That is 52 chapters. Although I don't think it would need that many to finish it. Right now it is exclusively on Watt Pad.

2. Continue working on the board One Book- 300 Poems, I've been creating a found poem from each page of the book Waiting  by Debra Ginsberg. I have made 56 poems. I've got a long way to go. I don't plan on finishing in 2018, but I want to be  halfway through the book.

3. Send manuscripts to publishers at least 30 times in 2018. I shoot for once a week, but seem to slack off when I get too many rejections at one time. I did 30 in 2017, I can do it again in 2018.

4. Exercise more, make better food choices, and drink more water. The water- I already started this. In an effort to save money at the grocery store and for better health,  I have been drinking more water. Even when we are out and about, I choose water over soda. I still like soda and drink it, but I drink a lot less then I used to. I also drink a lot less tea, as in the stuff you buy from the grocery store in the dairy section. Better food choices is another I started but since November I have been slacking, it is time to get back on track. And of course exercising. So the main point of exercising, at least for me, is not for better health but better mental clarity. The better health of course will follow. Now why would someone frame exercise for mental health (and creativity) as opposed to health? Because my writing is important, it is one of the most important things in my life. Framing it to benefit my writing will ensure better success. I did start exercising in October of 2017 but fell off that wagon as well. I know one thing, when it comes to this stuff. There is a lot of failing, but persistence is key.

5. Vote in the primaries and November elections. I don't often vote in the primaries. I will be doing so this year.

So that's about it. I am sure there are more. But these are the ones I want to focus on in 2018.

Happy New Year and together let's make 2018 interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment