Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Special People

The special people... who are they?

The folks with supernatural abilities of course. What brings this about is everything that I have been watching and reading over the last months. Fringe, Haven, The 4400, Alphas and more which I am sure you know about except Heroes I never watched that show. The point is all these people have some kind enhanced ability which many people believe is a work of fiction.

I do not. Even the strangest fiction has some kind of truth kernel.  In case you haven't noticed, I love the supernatural, ghosties, mind readers, psychics, spoon benders, and all of them. Who is to say there are people in this world who can do these things? The mind is incredibly mysterious. It is said animals can see ghosties and sense supernatural happenings. We don't any more about animal brains then we do our own.

Think about it there are names for these conditions. Telekinesis, the ability to move things with your mind. Pyrokinesis, the ability to start fires. Clairvoyance and empaths. Olivia, the main character in Fringe was injected with a chemical to give her the ability to cross between dimensions. And there has been rumors or theories that the government tested stuff on soldiers back in the day (of course it could still be going on, we wouldn't know because that kind of stuff would be CLASSIFIED, stamped in red letters).

It was believed that we only use 10% of our brain, apparently that is not true that we only understand 10% of the brain. So there could be way to tap into the awesome abilities that  are tucked behind some magical neurological pathways. I really would love to tap into some supernatural ability. I could do with out seeing the future. What I would like is to move things with my brain.

Imagine, how great that would be. Someone pisses you off and poof an apple cracks them on the head. You can't reach something from the top shelf and your husband who is much taller is not around, poof the object you want is in your hands. My house would be like that part in Fantasia when Mickey Mouse has all the mops cleaning. I can have the dishes washed and dinner cooking while I am busy working on something else. There are too many positives for having telekinesis.

Hmmm, I should start figuring out how to tap into that power. Until next time, may your spoons bend as the fire grows around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment