Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Writing Sucess

I can sit around all day and write, I can post things on here, I can write eBooks until the cows come home but really when it is all said and done my success really depends on you. Right now, since I am  what the magazines call an early career author (this is just a term that means I am not very published, well you got to start somewhere) anyway who cares what I am called. I would like to offer other authors a trade. A trade of reviews that is. Considering, I am only technically making royalty monies off of one eBook I am not looking to sell books. Hell "Heart of a Goddess" is FREE every 90 days. What I want now is to be read and reviewed. I want to be a better writer and I want to get my name out in the world. Both of these are rather large goals but I know I can do it. So here is the nuts and bolts. I have 4 ebooks for sale on Amazon (two of them are also on Smashwords) and I would like to someone to read one of my books and in return I will do the same for you (I would read novels but I don't have a lot of money to spend, the most expensive book I have is $2.99). I want an honest review and I will do the same for you.  I would never say the book sucks but I will offer what I think would improve your book. Writing is skill that has to be honed much like any other skills. I know this first hand.

I have been writing for well over 20 years and I know one thing to be true, I am much better writer and poet and today than I was 5 years ago or even a year ago. And when it comes to my jewelry, my stuff is much better today than it was two years ago.

Another thing I would like to offer is a link exchange for other writers. So leave a comment anywhere, the comments are under moderation and I will not post sensitive information. If you want a link exchange,  I want to exchange with writers or writer type websites. I guess when it comes to writing we all have to help each other out. I am not looking to bring this blog to huge Google PR, I don't even care about that, what I care about is getting my name and my books out in the world because if I start building a fan base now, it might be easier to convince a publisher to publish my book. Of course selling more books is an extra bonus for me.

Speaking of eBooks, I plan on self-publishing another one in July. It is called "The Wolf's Red Rose" which is a retelling of the classic fairy tale "Little Red Riding Hood." My story explores why the wolf ate Grandma and Little Red Riding Hood. Keep your eyes peeled for that book to hit Amazon.

So I leave you today may the moon kiss you sweetly as the sun burns your flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment