Monday, July 1, 2013

July Thoughts

Yeah, it is July! Okay, I know its been two weeks since I wrote. Honestly, I have no idea where the time went. Really I don't believe how this summer is flying by and I still did not get my pool put up. With the weather anymore, I probably won't ever get the damn thing up.

So I've had some random thoughts lately of things I wanted to write about so why not just shove them all in one blog post because I know everyone loves my random thoughts, it makes me special.

Thursday is July 4th which is one of my favorite holidays right up there with Christmas, Halloween and my birthday. I am really looking forward to drinking beer and setting off fireworks. Unfortunately, PA doesn't allow the fireworks that go into the sky so we get shoot off fountains and sparklers and things like that. Of course July 4th is much more than beer and fireworks, it is the day America celebrates it's Independence from England. Now as many of you know that are American, England was BAD. America didn't want to be ruled by England but wanted to rule themselves. Now I wonder, when British children start to learn about the war in America in 1770's what is learned? Who are the heroes? Maybe it is taught with a slant that the colonists were NAUGHTY because they started it, threw tea in the harbor and just bad children that should be spanked. I would love to know how British teaches the American revolution. If you are British tell me all about the American Revolution from your point of view.  There are always two points of view to everything.

It is also 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg in the Civil War. I am not interested in the Civil War as much as the American Revolution but we went to Old Bedford Village and there was a Civil War re-enactment and that was cool because they shot guns and canons. I wouldn't mind going to Gettysburg because it is supposed to be incredibly haunted and I am still looking for evidence that ghosts are real. Oh yeah and I want to hear more canons. Even though I piss my pants (I jump thirty feet in the air when the canons fire) every time, I think they are pretty aweseome.

I've been thinking a lot about my grandparents lately and I miss them. One of the highlights of my summer was spending a week or two at my grandparent's house.  I don't know how to explain those good times because maybe to someone else it might seem boring but for me, it was different. No matter how far away I lived my grandparents were always there in my life some way or another. I was very lucky to have grandparents like that and it sucks for kids who don't get to have that kind of relationship with their grandparents. One of the last emails, I got from my grandmother before she passed away, she told me to keep writing, no matter what. I know one thing is for sure when my child has children in the future, I am going to be the kind of grandma I had. I will remember their birthdays and I won't favor one grandchild over another one. And when they are old enough for email, I will write them often (or I guess Facebook them often since that seems to be the way of the world.)

I am working on my ebook. Thanks a lot to my husband who says he needs a new project to work on (he works on the book cover) and that I should get writing. I don't know if I mentioned this before but maybe I did, who cares anyway. The story is called "The Wolf's Red Rose" and it is a retelling of the old fairy tale, "Little Red Riding Hood." Now we will all know WHY the wolf ate Grandma and Little Red Riding Hood. Although this is a retelling of a fairy tale not made for children but more teens and adults.

So I emptied my head and this is where we part for the time being. May the fireworks boom and your heart flutter

No comments:

Post a Comment