Sunday, August 26, 2012

Poultrygeist: Night of the Living Chicken

I love Netflix. I've had it for over a year now. It is so much better than watching PBS all the time or getting cable which is not a good deal at all. One thing I love about Netflix is the horror movies.

I watched Poultrygeist: Night of the Living Chicken a week or so ago and well it is a fine movie in the Troma tradition. Storyline (yeah if you want to call it) for the movie in a nutshell: a franchise chicken restaurant is built on ancient Indian (as in Native American) burial grounds. And voila you have zombie man eating chickens that walk like humans. And of course the movie takes place in lovely Tromaville ( the same place where the Toxic Avenger saves the day and high school is radioactive).

 If you ever watched any Troma movie before than you will be probably pleased there are rauchy sex jokes, blood scenes, and all the cheesy B movie stuff you come to love about Troma movies. This particular movie has singing and a dance scene. 

I was introduced to this line of movies years ago by first a friend and then I watched a couple here and there through the years. Sure, Netflix labels this movie as horror but I know better. At least the gore is great. The story line is kind of cheesy. Would I clear an hour and twenty minutes to watch this movie? No. But if you are bored and looking for something to watch then this is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment