Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Haiku 1

assaulting dandruff
from naughty earthen angels
obscure winter’s night

once again I find
myself soaring high
a mouse to the ground

scintillating breath
awkward moon phases
to find freedom’s door

yellow metal diamond
dancing deer
next three miles


Just a little note about these haiku and many more to come... At the beginning of this year I decided that I needed a project to write more. Sure I could have said I want to write a novel (which I was working on a novel but I, for some reason, don't seem to stay too dedicated to it) but I went with something smaller- way smaller. I decided to write 3 haiku everyday from January 1, 2012 all the way to December 31, 2012. About 90% of the time I do write 3 haiku everyday, sometimes I may skip a day but I write 6 the next day.  My poor notebook that I write these haiku in is incredibly battered, filled with coffee stains and faded pencils marks.

The project is entitled This Salacious Life and the preceeding was a selection from it. I have plenty more to post, so if you like haiku and like those I hope you come back in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment