Sunday, January 14, 2018

Resin Cast

drowned in moving amber
peevish grasshoppers jangle
through ascended flowers

seagulls rise and own the day
forsake the night song

In the sink,
kind feet airs
birdsong and pressed flowers
cast in resin



Source: “The Shepard Singing Ragtime” and “Skylark Noon.” from Shepard Singing Ragtime by Louis Golding. http://www.gutenberg.org/files/55963/55963-h/55963-h.htm


***
Last summer, I thought it would be fun to cast things in resin. So, I bought resin and went to town. Then I had this awesome idea of making poems and then casting the poems in resin. I bought huge molds. Let's just say it was not a good idea- at least not right now. I do have another idea and that is to make a tanka, print on nice paper, modge podge it and then make a dreamcatcher. I haven't started that idea yet. I hope to soon and see how it goes. The words from this poem were collected from two poems; I used the Powerball feature on appliedpoetics.org. With some rearranging and some word additions, I had a poem.

I am sitting here wondering where January is going.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment