Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It's Too Damn Cold and Other Happenings

That's right it's too damn cold. I actually got excited the other night when the low temperature was mid twenties, I thought it was a heat wave. I don't really want to talk about the cold, you are already inundated with icy pictures from the east coast. 

Okay so it seems Blogger will be marking blogs with sexually explicit scenes, which means Suburban Vampires will have to removed or my blog will become private. I suppose I should have at least finished the series. I do have two options: I keep it and then be private or delete the series and stay public. Well since I want to be read and have people enjoy my work, I will do the first choice and move the series to Kindle, where I still have free reign to write to what I want. Normally, I would be going ape shit but since I am not paying to use Blogger and it is an effective tool to gain readers, I will play by the rules. I have until 3/23/15 to remove the story, so read what I have so far and if you want me to finish let me know and I will make it number one priority, finish it and publish it to Kindle. All you have to do is just clicky the comment button. To read it as of now, just click the page heading called "Suburban Vampires".

So onto other business, I am making progress on Gone Before Dawn. I have a couple of chapters to write and then insert within the novel and it will be ready for my beta readers. While they are reading the novel, I have a bunch of other projects that will come to fruition. The first thing is...

Blood on the Carpet, this will be a Kindle only short story collection where the stories are all  in the mystery genre. These stories are several years old and perhaps not my best stuff, but I think they are still worthy to be read. There will be one short story that reach over 6,000 words and the rest fall under 2,000 each. I have to work on a book cover and then assemble the book.

The second order of business is Moonswallow Gates. I am going to copyedit it once again. I gave away almost 60 copies of the book. And that one star review had two people say it was helpful which means, I have to look at it again with fresh eyes. I think since I have been back in school, my grammar has improved. So if you have a copy, check for updates in about a month or so. I may even add a QR code. I just got an app to make these bad boys and I can't wait to try it out.

And lastly, it has been awhile since I posted a short story on here (don't worry it won't have to be taken down) and I will be finishing a story I started in September, while I was camping. I will try to keep it around to 2,000-2,500 words but we will see. I have been wanting to get back to writing for at least the week or so. Maybe I am so inspired from reading lately.

Let's talk about school... this term is almost over, I am in the last week right now. Next week is my week break so I plan on working on writing next week. The next term I will be taking Anthropology and Screen Writing for the New Media.  I am looking forward to the screen writing class because eventually I want to do more freelance work in copywriting and advertising. 

And that's all for the day. Don't forget to check out Suburban Vampires before March 23, 2015. If you want more tell me and I will write for Kindle.

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment