Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Paper Dolls

Broken suns splice tree branches
 into shadows
and I’m left standing here
on this plane
of eternal autumn,
to find sanctuary,
careful not to make contact,
a ripple that no one sees
and afraid of fear, acceptance
To be charismatic and beatific
is to be found in teeth.
and pure bliss?
Only exists in my imagination.

So in this nightmare
I drown in the Xi over and over again
looking for a friend
but will settle for a savior. Glory in the saved.
Behold, there’s more! There’s always more

The time is now to destroy and renew
fire intertwined with ice
passion shimmering false-
fool’s gold, zirconia
love affair with daydreams.

Through the tempest
the incendiary revocation
leaves my fingers bleeding
fire, jealousy, sadness
invites the intrusion
of a voice
who wants a home made of paper
and says Maybe I could love
somebody who never said ‘I love you’

Haunted by all those voices
yet alone
to build
serendipitous sand castles on the sun
while the moon falls apart
takes back its magic
and takes me back
to nowhere and nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment