Saturday, March 5, 2016

Blink Once, Blink Twice, Yup February Happened

I am anxiously waiting for the weather this week. Sunshine and 60's starting possibly Monday or Tuesday and lasting for a good while. Why? Really the question should be why not? Sunshine and 60's that is the kind of weather where you can sit outside and just drink sunshine. And thanks to El Nino, this winter has been very kind to us, well at least where I live it. I am pretty sure we had maybe 8 inches of snow this entire winter, maybe a little more. It has been cold but not bitter cold. It was gray though, very gray, so many gray days because weather happening other places. I love all seasons, but there is something special about spring, I think I wake up more, more motivated to work on things. And nothing new  here.... I have been slacking on everything.

Time has a way of escaping me, it's like I wake up and the date on the calendar moved four days and sometimes, I don't even recognize time anymore. Ever feel like that? I don't have a normal schedule like normal people. Sure I get up during the week to send my daughter off to school. Sometimes I take a nap, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I work on school on Sunday and Monday and other weeks later. It is truly amazing how I can still accomplish what needs to be done a weekly basis. I swear there are times when I look at the clock and two hours went by  and I have no idea what happened in those two hours. But isn't time really just a constraint created by humans because the whole world runs on some kind of schedule? It would be nice when the time comes I can just bumble around through this universe, not really caring about time.

This year is election year, as if you needed a reminder.  Considering election news is everywhere. Unfortunately, I don't get to vote until April 26, 2016. Honestly, I am sick of hearing about it, seeing various news articles about it. Why can't the primaries be held in a like a month long period? Or how about a day like election day? This whole primary process is way to drawn out. All the candidates say the same thing over and over. They made their points, why do we constantly have to hear the same policy ideas. Unless of course you are watching the Republican debate, which is like a glorified Jerry Springer episode. Actually how great of a show would that be? Maybe the Republican debate should moderated by Jerry. No rules. And when they get out of line, Steve can come in break it up. Oh I know! I have a better idea, let's bring back the WWE cage match. We stick all the current Republican candidates in a no holds barred, no rules match and see who the winner is. Now, that is what I can entertainment. Of course if there would be a cage match, Donald Trump would win hands down. Joking aside, this an election year that is already making history, how it will play out, is anyone's guess.

What about writing? Ah yes, writing. Slacking but not too bad, I am one story behind for my weekly story challenge. Mostly because I am lazy and I just don't do it. I really need an edit day where I go through what I have written and make the appropriate edits. I have new stories that I want to send away and I have stories that will be included in my upcoming short story book Sanctioned Shadows so I am making progress, I am writing more than I did last year. I am just trying not to be so hard on myself and when I get bored, I look at my goals and start working on something. Slow but steady.  How do you guys feel about a short story series in ebook form about a woman who is also the demon Krampus and every story is a different adventure?

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, a sampling of things in my head.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment