Sunday, May 19, 2013

And Some Random Thoughts

Yes, I know it's been two weeks or more since I posted. I wanted to the other day but who knows what I did instead.  I have all these random thoughts I want to put to rest from my head and mosey on.

Random Thought #1 (More like bitching I guess)

I just had my fourth ebook published (more details on the next post, I promise) and while I was working with the publisher, they wanted a picture but I didn't give them one because I am not ready for pictures. I was told by them that is was okay but if I want to make a name for myself, that I should have a picture. What? Who the hell looks to see what the author looks like to see if they want to read a book. That should only work for celebrities because that is why people buy the book anyway. I don't understand why a picture should matter. What matters is if the story is good or not. Anyway this is a short story even though it is an ebook. I know one thing I don't care what the author looks like. I had no idea what JK Rowling looked like until way after I bought the Harry Potter books. My opinion is- it shouldn't matter.

Random Thought #2

I am becoming more frustrated with myself and my lack of editing skills. One of the biggest complaints I am getting from people I am working with is, lack of editing even though I am editing. I am missing words. My damn brain reads too fast and I fill in the missing words with out even knowing it.  The sad part is, I really do have good editing skills, that is when I am working on someone else's work that is.  I want to pull hair out but I don't. I wish I knew how other people fixed this problem. When I am as famous as Stephen King, someone else will do it for me.

Random Thought #3

Am I writing? Not really. Should I be? Most definitely. I make a lot of excuses but the truth is I am holding myself back. I should give myself a whipping and refocus on what my dreams are and how I have an amazing opportunity right now because I have the time to write and there is still money coming in.

Random Thought  #4

Facebook is pretty useless for me. I write about this or that and all the only sound is crickets. I need to find other avenues to tell people about my work (all of  my work)

Random Thought #5

Where oh where are the thunderstorms? It has been a long time since we had a hell of a thunderstorm, where the power goes out and all that jazz.  We had a little bit ago when I was doing some grocery shopping. The lights actually flickered off and then came back on. There was hail but when I came out it was just pouring and of course I had to put the stuff in the cooler so my ass got soaked.

And that is about all today.  When we meet again, the moon will have married Io and the asteroids rain on the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment