Monday, May 8, 2017

May and the Weather is Cool

Notice, sometimes when I don't have an interesting blog title that I use the weather? Not the most original, but I suppose it's better than saying, I am just going to babble on about my life.

This week is graduation. Can you believe it? I can't. It's almost surreal because 19 years after graduating high school, I am graduating college. We are leaving for New Hampshire Thursday night. On Friday, I am supposed to get an award for having a high GPA and on Saturday is the actual graduation.

So what happens next? I do have one term left to complete, which I already started today. I will be done in early July. Ideally, I want to continue working from home as a freelancer. I also want to grow Jaded Eklipse and continue working on my fiction and poetry and publishing either through Kindle or finding a traditional publisher.  But, I need to pay student loans and if there is a good job out there possibly with working from home then I might consider it.  I like working for myself, and I don't want to give it up.

I haven't  been doing much writing lately, and I am hoping to get working on some writing soon. I am taking Advanced Creative Writing this term so obviously I have to write stories. I am glad too, because I have been missing it lately.

What is on the horizon for my writing? I need to revise and edit Solider Girl. It is a novella, I finished over a month ago. I need to think of a title for the trilogy as there will be two other novellas that deal with the same apocalyptic event, but features different characters. I have to finish Havana and get it to my beta readers so I can move to the next step. I am still seriously considering taking some of the best poems from my blog and make a book. I have a chap book already prepared for a contest, that I am going to release to Kindle. And lastly, I have to start working on my poetry calendar. That should keep me busy for the rest of year. I also have other writing projects I need to finish.

That's about all for now. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment