Friday, May 19, 2017

Graduation Weekend!

Last weekend, I graduated college. At least got to walk in the ceremony and all. I do have one last term which I am working on right now. Then I will be done. I am  thinking about going for my master's but I am not sure yet.

I can't believe it's only been a week since we left for New Hampshire. It really doesn't feel that long. On Thursday, the 11th, we picked the rental car up from the airport. It was a 2016 Nissan Altima and I fell in love with it, I would have loved to keep it. I drive a 2000 Altima right now and I thought that was luxurious the new car was even more so.

We left Thursday night around 9:30 and drove all night, stopping here and there. I really wanted to eat Roy Rogers chicken at one of the travel plazas but they were not serving chicken at 2 am. I did get Roy Rogers chicken on the way back. We made it into New Hampshire around 8 am and checked in.  I had a few hours before my awards ceremony so we went to Hampton Beach, NH.

Award you say? What award did you get, you ask? I was awarded for having one of the highest GPA's in my program. Currently, I have a cumulative of 4.0. I hope I get to keep that GPA until the end.  I graduated sum cum laude.

Before graduation, we went to Salem, MA. We didn't get to do a lot of witchy stuff. We will have to be back. We only had two hours to spend in Salem. We did go the Salem Wax Museum, which was not worth the money. It smelled like old wax and books in the museum and it took us maybe ten minutes to go through it. We did check out Salem Harbor, which was beautiful. If I could, I would pack up and live on the coast. I don't think I could ever get sick of smelling the salt,  the dead fish and salty marshes. Salem wasn't really what I thought it would be like. I liked it, downtown was nice and I would probably live there if it weren't so expensive.

Graduation was crazy. We had to pay $20 for parking. But at least we were right at the arena. And then I walked around the front and joined the rest of the people I was graduating with. There were so many of us. I never did get my hat painted because I could never figure out what to get.  Just like I had some pictures snapped (which turned out horrible) and got my fake diploma.I will get a real one in August, once I am completely done with school.  It feels kind of weird. I think it was the president of SNHU that something graduation is both a beginning and an end. Sure, I am 36 but I feel the future to be exciting and scary at the same time.

On Sunday, we stopped in Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts. It was a crazy trip. There was so much we wanted to do and didn't get a chance to. Like go to Maine, Cape Cod, Boston and spend more time in Salem. I guess we will have to plan another vacation to New England.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment